NO TRICKS, JUST TIPS
We’ve put pen to paper and come up with some tips to get the most out of your Bush Blend candle.
- During the initial burn, allow the melt pool to reach the outside of the jar or tin. Wax holds a memory, so this step is vital to ensure your candle burns longer. It will also prevent tunneling (aka excess wax being left on the sides of the container).
- Allow wax to melt to edge of container each subsequent burn.
- Trim your wick before each use. When trimming, always extinguish the flame, let the candle cool down to room temperature, remove any wick debris and trim the wick before relighting.
- We recommend holding the flame to the wick for at least 10 seconds when lighting. This may take a few attempts.
- Store your candle in a cool, dry location away from direct heat, sunlight, and moisture.
- Never burn a candle longer than 3 hours and Tinny longer than 2 hours at a time.
- Always monitor the amount of remaining wax in a candle container. Once the wax gets low (below 2cm), discontinue use.
- Keep your candle away from draughts and ceiling fans. Any form of air current can cause uneven burning, diminish the scent throw and even decrease the burn time.
- Extinguish your candle with care ensuring that hot wax does not splash you and do not use the lid to extinguish.
- Keep your candle away from anything that could catch fire, always burn it on heat resistant even surfaces, within sight and never leave your candle unattended.
- A burning candle should not be used as a nightlight or left burning when you fall asleep.
- Do not burn the candle if the container is cracked, chipped, scratched or damaged in any way.
- Always read the warning label at the base of your candle prior to lighting.